Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Bad experience with Seresto customer service

     You all know normally I do not write these kinds of posts. But in this case I feel the need to. I'm not one to put down a company or share a negative experience especially when deal with customer service in general because one person doesn't represent the company and people have bad days and direct anger in wrong places. It happens, people make mistakes. But when you have almost and hour and half with two customer service reps in the same company for the same reason you have to look at the customer service training that the company provides. The following is about a Seresto Large size dog collar I feel is defective. I purchased it 5 days prior to use and have been using the collar for a little over a month. 

     I bought a Seresto Flea Collar for $60 at a local pet store, which I found out was an authorized dealer, through the phone calls. The collar is defective and not effectively working, in my opinion, and their customer service is of no help. First I had a hard time getting through to talk to a live human. It took over 15 minutes to talk to a live person and that wasn't due to holding for next available, that was due to the prompts sending you in literal circles. 

     Then when I did get a hold of a live person before she even found out what my issue was she started spouting "facts" that weren't even close to being true and trying to tell me about my situation before she even knew it but even that aside... Customer service advised me to wait 8-10 to give the collar time to work as I had only waited 5 weeks. Mind you when we begun she had zero fleas and now she is showing fleas, not a lot but to me any fleas are bad fleas. But despite that I was willing to wait more time and even told them so as long as I had a way to reference this call if I needed to call back in about this specific collar and incident. In my opinion this collar isn't doing what it was paid to do. That's where things started to fail. So I told the customer service (technical support) lady that I felt this tin/collar was defective, that I have faith in the store I purchased it in and in their product but this one collar must have slipped past their quality control (hey, it happens, I get it). After many minutes of her over-talking me, being rude, and acting as if I were unintelligent, she said she would give me a reference number and then in the next breath refused to give it to me or even make a reference number. She then accused me of yelling and I said no my I wasn't and that I had witnesses sitting by me who could hear our phone call and with that the customer service rep hung up on me. LOVELY, right!?.
So I call back, getting through much quicker this time. The call in issues I had had in the previous attempt seemed resolved. I was feeling much more hopeful. I opened the call with a friendly hello and told her how the last rep hung up on me and if she felt frustrated at any point to not hang up and to transfer me to her supervisor. But before you know it the same conversation ensues with another member of their technical team and she informs me they have to make a reference number by law and she doesn't know why the other lady said she wasn't going to do it, and then provides me with such number. She then goes on to tell me misconceptions about their collars and things other people have done wrong to make them less effective. This is okay, it's troubleshooting. Here we go now we are getting some where. Or so I felt, conversation was going great until I referenced back to the customer service rep that had hung up on me because it was pertinent to our conversation. For some reason this infuriated the customer service rep I was speaking to and the call went downhill from there. She said she was talking to me not the other lady. She then accused me of not listening to her because I referenced the other call. Yes, I did reference it, it was pertinent to the question she asked me. She started repeating herself with things that I had thought we were passed. She got very ignorant and mean very fast and for no just cause then says "I am going to terminate this call", when I told her that her flea maturity rate was off. She then yelled I had no questions for her and she did it, she hung up. I got the reference number at least but what good will that do me? I have never seen worse customer service. They weren't hearing me or my concerns or the situation at hand. Both customer service reps were acting like they were reading randomness off their prompter not even reading for the right prompts. You figure if you going to spend that much on a flea collar that the customer service center would have nicer, more helpful people working in the call center. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Rayne Storm's Musings.